Attention Challenger 604 Owners / Operators:
As of December 2021, Collins Aerospace began repairing all Challenger 604 CRT units with “used” parts and after December 2023 the EFD-4077 will no longer be supported. All other cockpit Challenger 604 CRTs will become obsolete shortly thereafter.
In September 2020, Collins announced the impending obsolescence of Pro Line 4 CRT screens, along with the boxes that house the screens. Today, these screens are no longer being made and repairs are being processed by Collins with used parts.
The complexity and cost of repairs is expected to rise as preowned stock is depleted. Once the stock of available screens at Collins or in the aftermarket stock is gone, if you have a failure, your plane will be grounded immediately.
Along with screen obsolescence issues, the FMS itself in the Pro Line 4 system will not be able to support the ever-increasing demands of the modern and future airspace. Your best option is to upgrade to the new Collins Pro Line Fusion®.
About Pro Line Fusion®
Pro Line Fusion from Collins Aerospace features three 14.1″ widescreen displays with extraordinary synthetic vision and touchscreen capabilities for flight planning, instrumentation, charts and more. In addition, the system offers:
- Automatic display and sensor reversion
- High-resolution topo maps
- Memorized flight deck formats
- Dual Flight Management System (LPV-capable)
- ADS-B Out compliance
- WAAS capable GPS
- Departure Clearance Service (DCL) and other Text Messaging Capabilities (CPDLC)
- Many other capabilities and options
And if that wasn’t enough, consider upgrading your radar to the finest available with Collins’ new Multi-Scan Full Color Weather Radar for the Pro Line Fusion avionics suite.
- Clutter-free, real-time weather detection from the aircraft nose to 320 NM
- Fully Automatic Operations – totally hands free
- Temperature compensated
- Radar adjusts to the different types of weather in different geographical areas
For more information on Collin’s new radar, click here
Ready to get started to learn more about the Collins Fusion upgrade for your 604? Click the button below and one of our avionics consultants will get back with you to guide you through the process.
Why Choose Stevens?
The Pro Line Fusion installation is an extensive upgrade affecting wiring and components throughout your entire aircraft – not just a simple box swap in the nose. Whether you’re coming in for just the install or a project requiring Maintenance, Cabin Avionics, Paint, and Interior, you need a shop that knows and can work the entire aircraft with technical expertise, giving you peace of mind that it’s handled tip to toe.
- Extensive experience in full system conversions (EFIS to Pro Line), as well as upgrades/modifications/repairs on both Military and Civilian Challengers.
- A seventy-year legacy in aviation, Stevens Aerospace enjoys a longstanding relationship with Collins Aerospace as one of their oldest authorized dealers.
- Deep, credible experience on the Challenger 604 aircraft – not just avionics. We can work all your maintenance and interior work during the installation and complete it with a full paint once it’s done … all in one location.
- Nationwide AOG support with international dispatch availability.
Whether you choose to do this installation as a standalone event or you execute it as part of a major inspection or paint/interior refurbishment, Stevens has you covered: technical expertise, with a uniquely personal touch.